Congratulations on your decision to become a dialysis technician in North Carolina. You are making a smart career choice! The duties and job description of a dialysis tech are both demanding and satisfying. Operating a renal dialysis machine is a hefty responsibility that requires a dependable person.
Dialysis is a critical service for many people, who without it might otherwise die. The ability to use this type of machinery is very specialized and therefore requires a certification by your local authority. There are many dialysis technician schools, where you can become certified. Once you receive your certification, you are ready to begin looking for kidney dialysis technician jobs in North Carolina.
Find Dialysis Technician Jobs in North Carolina
You may not be aware, but there may be high paying dialysis technician jobs in North Carolina right now waiting for you. Find dialysis technician jobs in North Carolina today! The need for this specific type of service is growing as the Baby Boomer population gets older. This one generation of Americans represents roughly 30% of the entire U.S. population and as they age, they will require health care and lots of it. That means more jobs in the health care industry, including the dialysis technician career field. If you plan on starting a dialysis technician career in North Carolina, you are making a good decision.
Dialysis Technician Salary in North Carolina
The salary for a dialysis technician varies throughout the country. According to Indeed.com, the average salary for all dialysis technician job careers is $45,000 in the U.S.. The dialysis career path does not end with the dialysis technician. There are more advanced job opportunities to build up to in the dialysis field. As a dialysis technician, you can expect to earn a salary of $35,000 to $40,000 annually. To find out about job salaries for dialysis technician jobs in North Carolina, click here.
North Carolina Dialysis Technician Job Description
So what exactly does a dialysis technician do? The basic duties of dialysis technician jobs in North Carolina is to operate kidney dialysis equipment in a hospital or other health care setting. The basic duties and dialysis technician job description are as follows:
- Setup and operate the dialysis equipment that provides dialysis treatment for patients with kidney failure.
- Inspects dialysis equipment settings, including pressures, conductivity, and temperature to ensure compliance with all safety standards.
- Mixes dialysate, according to required formula.
- Prepare dialysis machine for use by priming dialyzer with saline/heparinized solution.
- Transport patient to facility and position patient on lounge chair near the hemodialysis machine.
- Take and record patient details before dialysis, including weight, temperature, blood pressure, pulse rate, and respiration rate.
- Explain dialysis procedure and operation of dialysis machine to patient before treatment to reduce stress or anxiety.
- Connect hemodialysis equipment to access point in patient’s forearm or catheter site to start blood circulating through dialyzer.
- Inspect venous and arterial pressures as registered on equipment to confirm pressures are within established limits.
- Calculate fluid removal/replacement to be achieved during dialysis procedure.
- Monitor any adverse actions by the patient.
- Take and records patient details after dialysis, including weight, temperature, blood pressure, pulse rate, and respiration rate.
Different cities and states may have slightly different restrictions or regulations regarding exactly how dialysis is administered. For more detailed information, check with the local regulatory authority in North Carolina for a full dialysis tech job description in your area.